Scholarship Application Guidelines
The FSFA Jeanne Parsons Scholarship
in honor of Jeanne Parsons, long time member and supporter of FSFA.
The recipient of this award may attend an FSFA approved school, SAF Convention or an AIFD educational program. The FSFA Jeanne Parsons Scholarship is valued up to $1500.
The Jackie Lacey AAF, AIFD, CFD, PFCI Mentorship
Jackie Lacey has over thirty years of experience in the retail floral market and floral education field. His portfolio includes an extensive background in the retail floral market and wedding/event design experience. Jackie now utilizes his experience to provide education and instructional design programs, market showroom set up, private retail consulting, product development as well as design and event planning. His current position as Director of Education and Industry Relations with Floriology, BloomNet and Napco and Senior Design Team Specialist and ongoing contributor for Floriology Magazine keep him on top of market trends, current design trends, industry education and retail marketing.
The recipient of this award will receive a one on one personal visit with Jackie. He will spend the day in your store for a personal consultation to help you with displays, design room tips and suggestions to make your business profitable.
The Bob Tucker AIFD, CFD, FSMD and Bill Bobulinski Mentorship
For the third year in a row, Bob and Bill are opening their store and design center to a designer wanting to learn more about design, wedding and event planning and better business practices. Bob and Bill began their business in 2004 as a small "mom and pop" and quickly rose in the industry. Their investment in education gained them recognition within the floral industry and catapulted them into a thriving mainstay and wedding/event planning business.
The Ian Prosser AAF, AIFD, PFCI, NDSF Mentorship
Ian began his over 40-year successful floral career with three little shops in Glasgow, Scotland. His long list of accolades and achievements include becoming the youngest person to receive the honor of "Floral Designer of the Year" for all of Scotland and earning the “National Diploma of the Society of Floristry”, the highest European honor in floral design.
As a worldwide leader in the floral industry, Ian is a committed mentor to young designers. He still takes on each event personally with the utmost creativity and care, making him one of the most sought-after floral designers in the world.
In 1989, Ian opened Botanica International to serve the greater Tampa Bay area and now, the expanded Botanica International Design & Décor Studio designs events across the world. His luxury wedding and events design division for über creative events - Ian Prosser Productions - was created in 2012, and is redefining beauty by bringing your indescribable visions to life.
The recipient will be able to spend up to three days working one on one with Ian Prosser learning wedding and event~!!!
FSFA is dedicated to the education and enrichment of our members within the association through the Jeanne Parsons Scholarship and the mentorships that are awarded on a yearly basis. The scholarship and mentorships are available to any FSFA member who meets the requirements listed herein. The scholarship and mentorships are awarded yearly at the Annual Convention during the President's Awards and Gala. The following schools have generously worked with FSFA to provide quality education to our members:
Floriology Institute - Jacksonville, Florida
Teleflora Education Center - Los Angeles, California
Floral Design Institute - Portland, Oregon
1. Applicant Must be a member of Florida State Florists' Association for at east 6 months prior to applying for a scholarship or mentorship. Applicants must be a store owner, freelance designer, employee of an FSFA Member in good standing or must be engaged in a floral related industry. (18yrs of age or older) If an employee is applying, they must apply for, pay for and maintain their own membership. There is no waiting period for employee applicants.
2. Must have full registration to the Annual Convention.
3. May not have received a scholarship or mentorship in the previous year.
4. Must submit their application no later than May 25, 2019. Additionally, applicants must have three letters of recommendation to present to the Scholarship Committee at the time of interview.
5. Applicants will be notified by June 1st as to the time and location of their interview.
6. Upon acceptance of a scholarship, recipient must notify the Scholarship Committee which school or AIFD sponsored program they wish to attend. All registrations for such will be made by FSFA. Unused portions of funds may be applied to additional programs only with the approval of the Scholarship Committee. Scholarship may not exceed the monetary value of the award.
Scholarship may NOT exceed $1500.00
7. Upon Acceptance of a mentorship, recipient must notify the date the mentorship will take place. The recipient will be reimbursed by FSFA for the following:
A. Gas receipts dated during the time frame of the mentorship.
B. Meal receipts dated during the time frame of the mentorship.
C. Lodging receipts dated during the time frame of the mentorship.
D. All receipts must be submitted to the Scholarship Committee with in 10 days of the completion of the mentorship. Reimbursement will be made within 30 days by FSFA to the recipient after receiving said receipts.
Mentorship Expenses may NOT exceed $500.00
8. Scholarship and mentorships must be completed within one (1) year of acceptance.
9. All decisions of the Scholarship Committee are Final.