FSFA “Over the Top” Bridal Bouquet Design Competition
Ian Prosser AIFD CFD PFCI
Botanica International Design and Décor Studio
A portion of the proceeds to benefit
1. Host and Sponsors
· Host: Florida State Florists' Association (FSFA) (“Host”).
· Sponsor: Ian Prosser AIFD CFD PFCI – Botanica – International Design and Décor Studio and Florida State Florists’ Association.
2. Entry Period: The Bridal Bouquet Competition (“Competition”) begins at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on October 3, 2020, and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on October 31, 2020 (“Entry Period”).
3. Eligibility: Contestants must be, as of the date of entry, any person who is a floral designer, floral enthusiast or in a floral related industry. Entry constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these official rules (“Official Rules”) and to Host’s decisions; the decisions of Host in regards to all matters related to this Competition are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
4. How to Enter and Content Requirements:
· A registration fee in the amount of $25.00 payable to Florida State Florists’ Association through its’ website is necessary to enter or win. This contest is subject to all applicable Federal, State and Local Laws. Up to 2 additional entries by the same contestant are permissible with an additional $10.00 entry fee per photo. Additional entries are to be entered as “guest” under your name at the registration site:
· The Theme of the Bridal Bouquet Competition is “Over the Top”
· Contestants are to submit a photograph of their “Over the Top” Bridal Bouquet. Previously designed bouquets may be submitted as long as they meet the requirements of this competition.
· Contestants may use any medium to create their designs. The design must include fresh floral product, foliage, dried floral product, permanent botanicals or any combination thereof. At least 50% of the design must be fresh, foliage, dried or permanent. Contestants are not limited to the design style. The designs may be hand tied, designed in an armature, a bouquet holder ...the sky is the limit.
· During the Entry Period, the contestant must submit photo(s) to Host on the FSFA Website.
· Submission of your photographs must include an electronically signed release on the submission form.
· By entering the Competition, you agree to defend and indemnify the Host and Sponsor, upon demand, against any and all claims (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees arising out of any Release associated with any entry you submit (including, but not limited to, claims arising out of forged signatures and/or the failure of entrant to obtain a signed Release from the professional photographer.
· Entries must be received during the Entry Period. Limit one (1) entry per paid registration. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of delivery of entry during the Entry Period. All entries will be acknowledged by email upon receipt. All entries become the property of FSFA and will not be returned.
· By entering the Competition, contestant grants to Host and Sponsors (and its licensees and assigns) a royalty- free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from and display his/her entry, in whole or in part, and otherwise exploit the entry in all media now known or hereafter devised, in any way Host sees fit, including (without limitation) entertainment, instruction/education, promotional, advertising and/or marketing purposes. In connection with all rights granted herein, Host (and its licensees and assigns) shall also have the irrevocable right to incorporate the entry, in whole or in part, into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed. If necessary, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the entry.
All entries become the property of Host and will not be returned or acknowledged. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or entries that do not fully comply with these Official Rules or which subvert the entry process, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will not be eligible.
6. Selection and Notification of Winner:
· At the close of the competition, all entries will be reviewed by the Sponsor – Ian Prosser AIFD CFD PFCI and staff of Botanica – International Design and Décor Studio. All submissions will be anonymous to the Sponsor until after the selection process is complete. The selection process will be completed on or before November 14, 2020.
· On November 16, 2020, the winners be notified by means of email.
The Winner will receive a cash prize in the amount of $500.00 (US) and a Plaque
1st Runner Up will receive a cash prize in the amount of $250.00 (US)
2nd Runner Up will receive a cash prize in the amount of $125.00.00 (US)
The Winner must meet all eligibility requirements, including the execution and return of any necessary releases and affidavits, in order to be confirmed as a winner. PUBLICATION OF YOUR PHOTO IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES.
7. General Conditions: Neither Host, Sponsor nor their agents are responsible for lost, late, incomplete or misdirected entries or other errors of any kind, including (without limitation) incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information. Neither Host nor its agents are responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or other errors or problems which may occur in connection with or relating to the Promotion, whether human, computer, network, technical, mechanical, typographical, printing or otherwise, including (without limitation) errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Competition, the processing or judging of entries or the announcement of the prizes or that may occur in any Competition-related materials or limit prize fulfillment or a Contestants’ ability to enter the Competition of the Promotion for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing any prize. All such losses or expenses must be borne by the affected participants, entrants and/or winners. Host reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, cancel, modify or prematurely conclude the Promotion should any computer virus, malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond its control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Promotion or should any portion of the Promotion be compromised for any reason. By way of illustration and not limitation, Host may at its sole discretion select winner from entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor in the event of such compromise or corruption. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant (and void his/her entry) who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition or violates these Official Rules.
Each Contestant, by entering the Competition, agrees (A) to release, indemnify and hold harmless Host, Sponsor, its affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective past and present directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from and for any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property (including without limitation death; claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy; and any claims based on a violation of a third party’s intellectual property rights), resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in this Promotion or in any related activity or entrant’s acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of any prize, including without limitation entrant’s failure to comply with the Content Requirements and (B) if such entrant becomes a winner, by acceptance of a prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Host and those acting pursuant to its authority (and agrees to confirm such agreement in writing upon request) to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without any further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and/or World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval. Entrants represent and warrant that neither their participation in this Promotion nor acceptance of any prize awarded herein shall be in violation of any federal, state or local law. If a Potential Winner is determined to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules for any reason, such Potential Winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate Potential Winner selected and notified.
8. Disputes: Each entrant agrees that (A) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Florida; (B) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (C) under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants and Host in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida of these Official Rules.
9. Winner List: Winning entries along with winners’ names, will be posted on the Promotion Website on or around November 16, 2020 or as soon as the winner has been confirmed.